Cruise Plus Sails Overview
These sails are our world-class, blue water cruising sails designed to handle rugged offshore use. The features included as standard with these sails are a step above the industry norms for woven construction and provide a truly exceptional sail. We utilize the very latest in Challenge and Contender woven Dacron fabric matched specifically not only the type of sail, but the type of sailing you will do as well. This is critical as the design and construction of a given woven fabric of a particular weight may be very different should be weekend sailing or planning an extended trip to southern latitudes.
The 3-Dimensional CAD/CAM elements are progressive and evolutionary as we continually refine and improve designs. Our attention to detail and finishing specifications is unparalleled in the industry are exactly what you have come to expect from Neil Pryde Sails. Your Neil Pryde agent will help you to navigate you through the myriad of fabrics/features narrowing down the range to the few that truly fit your needs and budget.
Many of the standard features include:
- Crosscut construction with additional two-ply head and clew areas each of which is approximately 22% of the leech length.
- Radial reinforcement patching throughout
- Heavy gauge aluminum headboards with stainless steel liners and hand–sewn metal slug(s) or slide(s) depending on application
- One full-length batten as standard additional ‘extended’ length battens, all parallel to the foot for ease in reefing.
- Challenge High Modulus or Contender SuperCruise fabrics, depending on application
- Luff and foot attachments attached with hand–sewn webbing
- Reef rings are stainless steel hydraulically pressed rings with load straps and dual ‘dog bones’ at tack reefs
- Corner rings are webbed Stainless Steel external rings with leather chafe guards.
- Batten pockets finished with our Internal Velcro system
- Color coded draft (trim) stripes and insignia
- All seams will have 2 to 3 rows of 3-step stitching, depending on size.
- Polyester or Vectran Leechline.
- Tell-tales at each batten pocket.
- Heavy Duty sail bag
PDF Specification Guides for Cruise Plus Sails: Overview70.17 KB, Mainsail88.56 KB, Full Batten Mainsail94.16 KB, Semi-Full Batten Mainsail88.36 KB, R-Furling Mainsails60.92 KB, Headsail73.9 KB, and R-Furling Headsails82.69 KB